Every time we plan to go somewhere we have to decide how to get there, what to visit, what to do and where to stay. And of course we must plan ahead to get the best prices for accommodation, plane tickets or tourist attractions. Today we want to tell you how we prepared for our trip to Paris and give you some tips regarding the accommodation, public transport costs and tourist attractions tickets.
If you take the plane from your destination to Paris Beauvais instead of Paris, it may be cheaper. But keep in mind that Beauvais is at 85 km from Paris and you have to take a means of transport to get there. There is a bus line connecting Beauvais and the capital and the cost of a two way ticket is 29 euros.
As far as the accommodation is concerned, even though you thought it was very expensive it can be found at reasonable prices both for hotels or rented apartments. Here are a few possibilities that can be found on a travel search engine:
- Ibis Paris Montmartre – is a 3 star hotel located near Moulin Rouge. The price for 2 nights of accommodation is 235 euros for 2 persons.
- Hotel Beauvoir – located near the Luxembourg Garden. The price of accommodation for 3 nights is 219 euros for 2 persons.
- Aparthotel Palatino Paris 13 – located near Ivry-sur-Seine at 5.3 km (3.3 mi) from the center of Paris. The price of accommodation for 3 nights is 185 euros for 2 persons.
Public transport in Paris:
Purchased tickets can be used on all means of public transportation, you can use the same ticket for metro, train or bus. But it is important to note that they can be bought to be used in certain zones. We’ll detail the tickets prices just in zone 1-2, because most tourist attractions are in these areas.
- A one-way ticket costs 1.9 euros.
- A one-day ticket costs 7.3 euros.
- You can also buy tickets for more than one day. So a 3 days ticket would be 25.85 euros and a 5 days ticket would be 52.20 euros.
- There is also the option to purchase Navigo cards for one week. For the card you will need a passport photo and it will cost 22.15 euros.
Entrance fees to sights:
We’ll start with the good things, namely what can be visited for free. 😂
- Sorbonne University, the most famous university in Paris.
- Saint–Germain–des-Prés, considered one of the most authentic French districts.
- Montparnasse Cemetery, the place where many artists, writers, actors and important historical figures rest.
- Champs-Élysées, the famous boulevard running between the Place de la Concorde and the Place Charles de Gaulle, where the Arc de Triomphe is located. It is known for its theatres, cafés, and luxury shops.
- Pont Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, built in 1578.
- Champ de Mars, the park located near the famous Eiffel Tower.
- Pont Alexandre III, one of the most famous bridges that cross Seine it’s well known for its exuberant Art Nouveau lamps, cherubs, nymphs and winged horses.
- Sacré–Cœur also known as The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris is one of Paris’s most beloved tourist attractions.
- La Défense is Europe’s largest purpose-built business district with 560 hectares of area, 72 glass and steel buildings, of which 19 are completed skyscrapers.
If you are a citizen of the European Union and have under 26 years old you have free access to the following tourist attractions: Louvre Museum, d’Orsay Museum, Notre Dame, Château de Versailles, Arc de Triomphe, Rodin Museum and Pablo Picasso Museum.
The cost of the main tourist attractions for those over 26 years old or the ones that are not free at all:
- Louvre Museum €15
- Palace of Versailles and the gardens €20
- Arc de Triomphe €12
- Eiffel Tower €17 for adults and €14.5 euros for people between 12-24 years old
- Disneyland, a one-day ticket costs between 60 and 130 euros, depends on the season you choose to visit it. Online ticket prices can be found here.
For a three-day autumn holiday in Paris you will pay around 212 euros (accommodation, public transport, sights entrance fees), but plane tickets and tickets to Disneyland are not included in the price. That would be all regarding the costs of an amazing city break in the city of lights.